This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how KYM Holdings Bhd and its respective subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities (“KYM”) use your Personal Data.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided to KYM, such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by KYM from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to KYM directly (i.e. during your communications with KYM and/or when you engage KYM to provide services), KYM may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up job application or registration forms or other similar forms;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From credit reporting agencies;
- When you interact and communicate with KYM at any events or activities; or
- From various entities or divisions under KYM.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, KYM may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you the services you require or (ii) carry out the Purposes for which you have provided us the Personal Data.
Purposes of Processing
- KYM may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of KYM which shall include, without limitation:-
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to questions and comments from you;
- to provide you with any services or products you have requested;
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- for internal administrative purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve KYM’s products, services and customer communications;
- to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
and you agree and consent to KYM using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Subject to relevant laws, your Personal Data may be disclosed to:
- our subsidiaries, related associated companies;
- our service providers or individuals to perform functions on KYM’ behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties;
- any professional advisors and external auditors;
- regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements; and
- any other person which KYM may think fit.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from KYM by contacting:-
|Designated Contact Person||Head of Corporate Communications & Administration|
|Mailing address||12 Lorong Medan Tuanku 1
50300 Kuala Lumpur
|Telephone No.||(603) 2692 2923|
|Fax No.||(603) 2692 8382|
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, KYM has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data that require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.